Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Skeptic

I grew up christian but lost my way sometime around college. A short while after I grew to be very skeptical of superstition. Though I had felt something very real in my spirituality, I had a hard time living for something that I could not see or touch. I knew for sure that being a christian did not satisfy the questions that I had about the mysteries of life.

I've had a few experiences personally with something close to supernatural. If I have had them then I'm more than certain that other people have experienced something very close. I believe that people are afraid of the skepticism they will come into when they reveal their experiences, just like I am. Experiences that cannot be triggered or measured, and therefore, cannot ever be validated. But it continues to happen.

I try to keep an open mind. I'm convinced that there is another side of our universe that we haven't discovered yet. The only thing that I can be certain of is that nobody has all of the answers yet. But there are answers.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you say in this post. To me religions seem like a box, confining the universe to operate within certain man made parameters. (Jeez, someone slap me with a Mr. Spock action figure. Parameters?!?)

    Skepticism can become as mind closing as fundamental religions tend to.

    ReplyDelete